- Add the millet to a sauce pan with a generous amount of water. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and rinse the millet thoroughly.
- Add back to the sauce pan along with 600 ml fresh water plus salt. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 7 minutes or until the water has cooked in.
- Add the cashew milk plus 100 ml extra water and let simmer for another 7 minutes or so, while stirring occasionally, until the milk has cooked in. Season to taste with more salt.
- Before serving, mix briefly with an immersion blender to get a more porridge-like consistency. You can add more liquid if necessary.
- Serve warm with toppings of choice, either sweet or savory.
- Cook the millet porridge according to the ground recipe.
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil. Add tamari, vinegar, coconut sugar, sesame oil and black pepper. Remove 2 tbsp of the broth and whisk it together with the miso paste in a separate bowl. Add it back to the broth and whisk to combine.
- Serve the porridge warm, topped with sliced avocado, soft boiled egg, chopped scallion, toasted sesame seeds and sprinkle of nutritional yeast, salt & pepper. Lastly, pour some of the broth over. Dig in! It is also nice to serve this savory porridge with massaged kale or steamed vegetables
1. Cook the millet porridge according to the ground recipe. If you want to you can add cinnamon and/or a pinch of vanilla.
2. Serve warm with sliced blood orange or fruit of choice, berries, nut butter, coconut, bee pollen and a splash of plant milk.