Ingredients for loaf recipe
- 1½ cups sugar (coconut or brown sugar)
- ½ tsp. each of cloves, nutmeg and pepper (both preferably freshly ground)
- ¾ to 1 tsp. each of cinnamon and ginger
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1⅔ cup flour (gluten free or regular)
- ½ cup coconut oil (or vegetable can be used)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 12 ginger snaps, broken into halves (gluten free or regular)
- cream cheese center recipe (see below)
- chocolate ganache recipe (see below)
- 1 mini loaf pan (recipe makes 24 mini loaves)
- Masterpiece Blender
Ingredients for cream cheese centers
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ¼ cup stevia (coconut sugar or regular sugar can also be used)
- 1 egg yolk
Ingredients for chocolate ganache
- 8 oz dark chocolate chips (we used the ones sweetened with stevia)
- ½ cup coconut milk (from the can) or whipping cream
- Masterpiece Immersion Blender
Instructions for the loaf
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine all liquid ingredients into the Masterpiece blender.
- Add in spices, followed by baking soda and baking powder.
- Then add the flour ½ a cup at a time and blend together until all the flour is dissolved.
- Set aside.
Instructions for the cream cheese centers
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese, sugar and egg yolk together with the Masterpiece immersion blender. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Place into a small decorating bag with a larger hole tip.
- Set aside.
To assemble the loaves for baking
- See video below for our example. Pour in approx 1 teaspoon of pumpkin batter into the bottom of each mini loaf pan. Place a half of a ginger snap on top of the first layer of pumpkin mix. Squeeze a long line (the length of the mini loaf) on top of the ginger snap layer. Using another decorating bag, pour the remaining pumpkin batter into it, and cover each cream cheese layer with pumpkin batter until covered. (Makes 24 loaves)
- When the mini loaves have cooled, make the ganache at the very last because as it gets cooler it thickens. So you will want to wait until the loaves have cooled before you begin to make the ganache. Drizzle ganache over loaves using a spoon. Note the coconut milk version takes longer to thicken.