- 10 dried, organic apricots
- 3/4 cup (1,75 dl) almond meal
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2-1 tbsp lemon juice
- zest from 1/2 small lemon
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground cardamom
- pinch of cayenne pepper, more to taste
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (1,2 dl) finely grated carrot
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut + extra for rolling
- Combine all ingredients except carrot and desiccated coconut in a food processor. Mix until grainy and well combined. Add grated carrot and coconut and mix quickly for a few seconds, until just about combined. Taste and adjust salt, spices and lemon juice if needed.
- Place the batter in the fridge to firm up, for about an hour. Then form into balls and roll in desiccated coconut. Store in fridge and eat as a snack.