For Lamb Ouzi: Marinade Mix
- In a mixing bowl place the fresh labneh, corn oil, tomato paste, salt, white pepper, ginger powder, cardamom powder, turmeric powder and saffron.
- Mix thoroughly until the ingredients are combined well.
- Clean the lamb and place in a container then add the marinade to it.
- Allow to marinate for at least 8 hours.
- Place in a new container, add 2 liters of water in the container and cover with aluminum foil, place the container in the oven and cook for 4 hours at 260 degree.
- The meat should become a reddish /brown color.
For oriental rice
- First put the rice in the bowl and keep for half hour in the hot water.
- In a hot cooking pot place the ghee, cinnamon stick, whole cardamom, chopped onion, chopped garlic, minced lamb, and stir the ingredients well
- Add white pepper, seven spices, salt and mix for 3 minutes until the ingredients are combined well
- Strain the rice and mix with the ingredients for 4 minutes, and add hot water and cover
- Put the pot on slow fire for 20 minutes until the rice is cooked
- After cooking serve in big plate adding the ouzi on top of the rice and garnish with fried mix nuts.