- 800 g new poatoes or small firm potatoes
- 75 g salted butter
- small handful of parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tbsp flakey sea salt
- 100 g soft goat cheese
- small handful of chopped walnuts
- honey, to serve
salt & pepper
- Scrub the potatoes clean. Place in a large sauce pan, cover with water and a generous amount of salt and bring to boiling. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine butter, herbs, garlic and salt in a food processor until well combined. This recipe yield more garlic butter than you need, so save any extra for your next BBQ!
- Drain the potatoes and let cool somewhat. Then heat a generous dollop of garlic butter in the largest frying pan you’ve got. Or two, if you need it. Place the potatoes inside and smash them with a fork. Let cook on medium high heat until crispy and browned underneath. Flip.
- Crumble the goat cheese and walnuts over. Cook for another few minutes until the potatoes have browned on both sides and the cheese is somewhat melted. Add more butter if needed.
- Season with flakey sea salt, black pepper and a drizzle of honey. Decorate with fresh herbs. Lastly, spoon over some extra garlic butter. Enjoy warm!