- 500 g rhubarb
- 1 litre water
- 1 dl (2/3 cup + 1 tbsp) sugar
- 2,5 dl (1 cup) lemon juice
- Rinse and chop the rhubarb into smaller pieces. Place in a large sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to boiling and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain the rhubarb compote through a fine sieve and pour the juice back into the sauce pan. Squeeze out as much juice as possible from the rhubarb mash, by pressing down with the back of a spoon.
- Bring to a simmer, add sugar and let simmer while stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, then add the lemon juice, again through a sieve to leave behind any pulp or kernels. Stir to combine.
- Pour the lemonad into clean glass bottles. When serving, dillude with 1 part water and 2 parts lemonade, or as is for a more intense flavor. You can also make it into a chia fresca! Then you simply add 1 tsp chia seeds to a large water glass and fill up with the dilluded lemonade. Stir constantly for a minute or so, then let sit in the fridge for about 10-15 min before serving. Serve with ice and enjoy!