Behold! The cleverest invention since the toaster and the peanut butter! Welcome to Now You’re Cooking, dear chia pudding. Thanks to you, hungry people from all over the world can get the best out of two worlds: A sleep-in (since the making often takes place the night before) and the feeling of a Saturday breakfast on a gloomy Tuesday morning.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 150g soaked cashew nuts
- 750g water
- 125g frozen blueberries
- Pinch ground vanilla
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut, unsweetened
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 240ml homemade cashew milk
- Pomegranate seeds
- Coconut flakes
- Fresh mint
- 2 slices of rye bread
- 1 apple
1. Soak cashews overnight.
2. Place one part cashews and three parts water in a tabletop blender. Add a pinch of salt.
3. Strain the nut milk in a sieve.
4. Put berries, coconut shreds, chia seeds and vanilla in a glass jar.
5. Pour cashew milk over the mix. Place in fridge for several hours.
6. When ready, add pomegranate seeds, coconut flakes and fresh mint on top of the chia pudding.
7. Chop almonds with a pinch of salt until you get a creamy paste.
8. Toast rye bread.
9. Slice apple into wedges.
10. Spread almond paste on toast and garnish with apple wedges.