- 380 g sweet potato (2 normal sized ones)
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 0,8 dl / 1/3 cup raw cashew nuts, soaked for 2 hours
- 5 dl / 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice
- 2 tsp sambal oelek
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ~1/2 tsp salt
- ~400 g pasta of choice
- 50 g kale
- 3/4 dl / 1/3 cup almond flour or panko
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 0,6 dl / 1/4 cup olive oil
- flakey sea salt & pepper
- Set oven to 175’C/350’F. Peel and dice sweet potato, onion and garlic. Place on a baking tray, season with oil, s&p and roast for 25 min or until soft. Try placing the garlic underneath the sweet potato/onion.
- In a powerful blender, mix sweet potato, onion and garlic with the rest of the ingredients for the sauce until completely smooth.
- Cook the pasta 2 min shy of the instructions, in generously salted water. Save a few tbsp pasta water when you drain. Add to a shallow 12 x 7 inch oven proof pan (cook more pasta for a bigger pan).
- Add the sauce until the pasta is sufficiently covered with a good amount of sauce in the bottom. The recipe yields a little more sauce than needed, so save the rest for a rainy day.
- Add chopped kale and fold to combine. Sprinkle almond flour, nutritional yeast, flakey sea salt & pepper on top. Distribute the olive oil evenly over it all.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until gently browned around the edges. Lovely to serve with fresh thyme on top, and sautéed green beans, salad & a vinaigrette on the side!