Ingredients (8-10 servings)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups fresh grated carrots
- 2 cups un-sifted all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ground walnut or grated coconut
Cream cheese frosting
- 1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup powdered/confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- Fruits and edible flowers for decoration
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon
- In a stand mixer, add sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl. Mix well and incorporate the grated carrots.
- Add the dry ingredient mixture to the carrot mixture and slowly mix until combined. Stir in the coconut.
- Pour the batter in cake pan.
- Bake at 200°C for 20-30 minutes or until it tests done with a toothpick.
For the frosting:
- In bowl, with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until speed until smooth and creamy. Add the sifted powdered sugar and vanilla extract, and cream on low speed until smooth.
- Using the whisk attachment, gradually add the heavy cream and whip until the frosting is thick enough to pipe.
- Spread your cream cheese frosting on the carrot cake after it has cooled and decorate with fruits and edible flowers.