- 3-4 ripe figs
- 250 g mozzarella
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds & cashews
- 4 large handfuls of fresh basil
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp (100 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1 scarce cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- chopped nuts, to serve
- Mix all ingredients for the pesto except parmesan cheese to a somewhat grainy pesto (save some of the nuts for decoration). Add the finely grated parmesan cheese and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Slice the figs, cucumber and mozzarella. Layer on a large serving plate. Drizzle with pesto and decorate with chopped nuts, flakey sea salt & pepper. Enjoy!