1 pie or tart crust (homemade or store bought)
For the filling
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups halved artichoke hearts from a jar
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 2 cups arugula leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Parmesan shavings
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Blind bake the crust for 20 minutes or until it’s just starting to get a bit of color on the edges.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, garlic, salt and several grinds of fresh black pepper.
- Scatter the artichoke hearts, cheddar and arugula over the tart crust, then pour in the custard.
- Bake in the oven (on a sheet tray or place a sheet tray on the shelf below to catch any dripping) for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the custard is just set.
- Remove the tart from the oven and let cool until it’s just warm or room temperature. Garnish with fresh parsley and shavings of Parmesan.