Ingredients (6-8 servings)
- 4 cups Calrose rice
- 300g roughly minced lamb
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp 7 spice Arabic-mix spice
- Vegetable oil
- 4 cups hot water
- Soak rice in water for 30 minutes. Rinse rice until the water is clear.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat 2 tablespoon oil. Add bay
leaf and cinnamon stick. Add minced lamb and season with half teaspoon salt, white pepper, black pepper, cinnamon powder and Arabic spice. Sauté ingredients together until the meat has slightly browned but still has retained its moisture.
- Add rice and mix ingredients together for a couple of minutes.
- Add boiling water and cover the saucepan. Reduce heat and leave rice to cook for about 20 minutes. Serve with roast chicken.